This event has passed
ONLINE: This meeting will take place online as a Zoom virtual meeting. Click on this link to go to our Zoom conference room:
How should society allocate resources? Is fairness making sure that everyone gets what they need, or does it mean ensuring that doing hard work pays off? Or is it something else? This week, we'll explore the multitude of ways of viewing fairness.
• It's Not Fair! But What is Fairness? (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/am-i-right/201205/its-not-fair-what-is-fairness)
• The Struggle for Fairness: Merit v. Need (https://freedomsphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/12/struggle-for-fairness-merit-v-need.html)
• Equality of Outcome (https://edeq.stanford.edu/sections/equality-outcome)
• Procedural Fairness/Procedural Justice: A Bench Card for Trial Judges (http://www.amjudges.org/publications/courtrv/cr53-4/PJ-Bench-Card-Full-Final.pdf)
• Justice and Fairness (https://www.scu.edu/ethics/ethics-resources/ethical-decision-making/justice-and-fairness/)
Join the Crossing Party Lines discussion and have a voice in our Nation’s Conversation! People of all views are welcomed, appreciated, and heard.
We would love to hear your thoughts on our social media pages. Don't miss topic announcements, updates, news! Follow us on:
Instagram @crossingpartylines Instagram.com/crossingpartylines
Twitter @crosspartylines Twitter.com/CrossPartyLines
Facebook @crossingpartylines Facebook.com/crossingpartylines
-------------------How to find us------------------
Click the link at the top of the description to join the meeting from a browser.
To join from the Zoom desktop and mobile application or from a landline or mobile phone, see: