This Meetup is for those who are eager to expand their culinary knowledge and skills and who enjoy cooking dinner parties. Everyone participates in all aspects of the event. We will meet at least monthly to learn new cooking techniques and enjoy a sit down dinner together in a home setting. Each dinner will accommodate 8-12 guests. The host decides the topic, theme and/or format (several models available for consideration). All members will financially support the group via Meetup dues (Meetup charges organizers ~$200/year) and each event will have a cost to cover groceries, beverages and other incidentals (whether brought from home or money chipped in for at the dinner).
This is a good group for you if:
1) You are passionate about cooking and want to learn more to expand your culinary skills
2) When the TV is on, you are watching "Food Network" above all else
3) You enjoy cooking in groups
4) You like trying new foods
5) You prefer fresh foods over canned and processed foods
6) You include all food groups in your overall diet
7) You enjoy researching culinary history, techniques, and recipes
8) You enjoy socializing with other cooks over a sit-down dinner
9) You are someone who is a participant ~ always eager to help where ever needed from shopping to preparing to clean-up
10) You plan to attend regularly
11) You can organize and host at least one Boot Camp Dinner each year. If you have a small space, you will research an interesting restaurant or culinary experience for the group.