addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Kevin G.
user 72263132
Washington, DC
Dear Drone Lovers--

I write to share our plans to put together an art exhibit sharing artwork created with the assistance of our flying robot friends.  Primarily what we have in mind is aerial photography, and a modest amount of aerial videography.  But I'm open to all sort of submissions, so if you think you have a particularly amazing photograph of a drone, or you think your artfully designed drone (please no taxedermied cats) qualifies, bring it on.

Step One: We need a 'critical mass' of work worth showing.  Submissions can be sent directly to me: kgood@dcdrone.org

Please get in touch and share what you're working on.  Once enough submissions come in we'll head to...

Step Two: The curating/selections.  This will not be an open forum to showcase everyone's work.  It will be a curated selection designed to show-off top-notch art.  I'm in the process of recruiting our other curators.  They will be heavy-hitters in photography & cinematography.  Our goal will be to choose the best work, and a variety of creative approaches.  Once that's settled, we'll be on to...

Step Three:  Putting the show itself together.  It would of course be wonderful to have everyone in the group come out and join us for the soiree.  I'll also need some volunteers to help with printing & hanging & prepping the gallery, etc.  So if you're fascinated by the idea of working on some flying robot art but you're not quite there yet, come help put the show together.  This leads us to...

Step Four: Revel in the beautiful creations and keep spreading the word.  One of the main goals of DC DUG is to share with the world how awesome/fun/useful/creative/exciting/pos­itive the technology can be.  Take some beautiful pictures from the skies and send them my way so that we can make that happen.

Please let me know if you'd like to be a part of this in any way, if you have any questions, and how I can help.  Send submissions my way!

Cheers,
-Kevin

kgood@dcdrone.org

DC DUG - Director of Flying Robot Arts
paul g.
III_Demon
Washington, DC
Post #: 10
havent seen any activity on this topic, and i wanted a place to link this:

http://youtu.be/_pbdw...­

'light painting' with a helicopter, to demonstrate some basic physics of helicopter flight. its an excellent application of art + education, even if its not exactly a 'drone'.
Nate
PoloTec
The Plains, VA
Post #: 4
Drone Art ? This is a pretty good example ;-) https://www.youtube.c...­