addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DC Area Drone User Group Message Board Activities / Events / Projects › Pilot and UAV Needed for Science Project

Pilot and UAV Needed for Science Project

Stephen
user 13011646
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
Greetings DC drone users. I'm a scientist working on a small, independent project in geology. I've designed a flight plan for collecting camera image data of the ground, and my goal is to produce a short, timely scientific paper on the use of a small multi-rotor UAV to do some data collection. This isn't a high-flying, fast, action packed air show. Rather, it will be a very methodical, low altitude flight (less than 10 feet) above the ground. What's in it for me: I don't have my own multi-rotor yet, but I have tested my data collection technique with a handheld camera. I have confidence it will work, but I'm not ready to invest in my own full system yet. I get to see how it works in action. I get to submit a paper for publication, which is very good for my career. What's in it for you: This could be good for your career as well! At the least, you will get a personal acknowledgment in the paper, if not a co-authorship. This is a big deal as having one publication (or adding to a list) strengthens your resume for science, tech and engineering fields. I will also foot the bill for the 1-2 day trip to the field site, probably North Carolina. Please post some contact information if you're interested (or private message me if that works). Thanks!
Christopher V.
chrisvo
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 258
I am a PhD student at George Mason University with several UAVs, I'm a good pilot, and I could spare a 1-2 day outing to North Carolina with a drone. I think we could have a mutual benefit.

My E-mail: cvo1@cs.gmu.edu
My research page: http://masc.cs.gmu.ed...­
Jordan E.
JordanEngel
Washington, DC
Post #: 60
When would this be taking place? Sounds like a great opportunity.