Topic: Deep Learning in Healthcare
**** PRE-REGISTER TO PROVIDE MORE INFO HERE: https://forms.gle/Cbv37B8fHoM2kvTv9
Please complete this simple form to speed up the check-in process. Wait listed attendees encourage to pre-register also.
This will be the first of our Special Topics in Deep Learning which will include looking at applications of Deep Learning (DL) as well as hands-on projects using Deep Learning models. Our meetings will be discussion and helping each other get the models running. Please bring your laptop and be committed to reading the material and trying out the code or installs beforehand. Special Topic meetings will occur about every 6 weeks. Slack channels will be available for registered attendees for communicating in-between meetings.
Agenda for this topic:
* Discuss applications of DL in Healthcare
* Review classic CNN architecture LeNet-5
* Get LeNet-5 running in Keras/Python on our laptops (or cloud).
* Try training our CNN on labeled retina data.
The first hour of meeting we will discuss how deep learning was applied in following healthcare applications:
1) Deep Learning for Detection of Diabetic Eye Disease
2) Detecting Cancer Metastases on Gigapixel Pathology Images: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1703.02442.pdf
3) Scalable and Accurate Deep Learning with Electronic Health
The second hour we will discuss LeNet-5 CNN architecture and steps to install it on your laptop (or cloud) as time allows.
1) LeNet-5 [original 1998, paper by LeCun et al.]
2) Install Keras.
3) Install LeNet5
At the next special topics meetup after this one (6 weeks later), we will finish setup and installation and examine the retinal data for model training. A Slack channel will be used to communicate in-between.
Our excellent host is Redhorse Corporation's Virginia offices, a short walk from the Rosslyn metro station. We thank Redhorse Corporation for their help and support in providing us a place to meet so we can continue to learn and share ideas.
A couple of logistics items:
1) Feel free to arrive at 5:30 pm to allow for some time to get to the 12th floor and mingle with colleagues. We will begin the meeting at 6:00 pm.
2) Be sure to bring a photo ID.
3) To make the check-in process easier, please pre-register here: https://forms.gle/Cbv37B8fHoM2kvTv9
Completing this form will enable Redhorse to email you a unique QR code. Please allow for a few minutes for the building security person to help you get to the 12th floor. Your QR code will make check-in faster when you enter Redhorse office.