February 9 · 6:30 PM
The Iron Yard
For February we'll be holding a session full of lightning talks! What are these you ask? A lightning talk is short and sweet - you present one small topic and dive right in, no fluff! And the best part is anyone can give a lightning talk! If you're interested you can submit a GitHub issue, tweet at us, or send us a message here on meetup!
So what should you talk about? Anything, really! Here are the topics we have so far:
• Web Bluetooth API (Brent Kimmel)
• JS Maps 101 (Christine Movius)
• The power of immutability (Jay Merrifield)
• How I review a Pull Request (Greg Lavallee)
• Tableau Directive for AngularJS (Rachel Cheuk)
• Alternative to Boolean Algebra (Tom Folkes)
• WebVR (Sean McBeth)
• Hybrid Apps and OAuth (Abhishek Hingnikar)
• Using JOI on the client and server (John Reading)
You can also bring ideas on the day of the meetup and try to sign up then! We'll need to cap the number of talks, but that depends on who shows up!
Our primary sponsor this month (and for all of 2017!!) will be StrongLoop/IBM. In case you haven't heard, IBM has tools to help you build awesome APIs in Node.js. With IBM's API Connect, you can have a live Node API up and running in just a few minutes. Check them out!
We hope to see all of you at The Iron Yard DC for some great information and some great networking! Bring your talk ideas, and if you're looking for a job (or hiring) be prepared to connect with others!
As usual, food will be provided by our sponsors, but beverages are on you. BYO__!