What we're about
Our mission is to UNITE Landlords and leverage their collective knowledge, experience and purchasing power so that each member of the group can become more profitable.
The DC Landlord Unity Movement (DCLUM) is an advocacy group for landlords in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area with 1 - 50 scattered units.
We've realized that a HUGE problem with Landlords is that they do not have infrastructure, business processes or protocol and this random way of doing things is fine until they run into a problem and then ... that's when their losses start to avalanche as they go deeper and deeper.
Solution: Don't reinvent the wheel! We'll extend our infrastructure to all DCLUM Members which includes the following:
• Toll-free number with live customer support
• Preferred pricing on repair requests (with buyer protection) as well as other services related to running your business
• 24/7 emergency maintenance coverage (what's your current plan if a water pipe burst in the middle of the night)
Many of us do not need property management, but it would be nice to have that "BUFFER" and an experienced consultant to keep us on the yellow brick road (especially when we're new to the investing game). These services are absolutely FREE for paying members.
Now every DC Landlord should join this group/movement because we provide invaluable information that will enable you to masterfully navigate the following challenges that are unique to DC:
• DC Landlord & Tenant Court
• DC Housing Authority's Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP), also known as Section 8, as well as other subsidized programs
• Changing of policies unfavorable to Landlords due to our ONE VOICE, protocol and process (i.e. signing of petitions, presence at key political meetings, meeting with public officials, etc.)
• DC Tenant Opportunity Purchase Act (TOPA) regulations
DCLUM Members are standing up, not standing by ...
There has not been one effective advocacy group for smaller housing providers in DC until now!