This talk explores the new features coming in the next PostgreSQL release. As every release is different, this talk changes to reflect that. Here are some of the highlights that will be covered:
1. Parallel execution of sequential scans, joins and aggregates
2. Avoid scanning pages unnecessarily during vacuum freeze
3. Synchronous replication now allows multiple standby servers
for increased reliability
4. Full-text search can now search for phrases (multiple
5. postgres_fdw now supports remote joins, sorts, UPDATEs,
6. Substantial performance improvements, especially in the
area of scalability on multi-CPU-socket servers
7. New monitoring capabilities
8. Allow limiting of snapshot age
9. Allow sessions with long-idle transactions to be terminated
Speaker: Bruce Momjian (http://momjian.us)
Senior Database Architect
EnterpriseDB: Enhance and promote PostgreSQL worldwide.
6:45 - Drinks/Apps and Networking
7 - Introduction
7:10 - Talks
8:30 - Wrap up/shut down
Motley Fool is in Alexandria located near the King Street Metro.
2000 Duke St
Alexandria, VA 22314
If you have trouble getting in please call Brad at[masked]
Motley Fool is also hosting and will provide pizza and beverages. There are plenty of local bars available if people would like to continue the discussion after the talk.