This talk will cover the following:
- Why containers are important and what they mean for PostgreSQL
- Setting up and managing a PostgreSQL container
- Extending your setup with a pgAdmin4 container
- Container orchestration: What this means and how to use Kubernetes to leverage database-as-a-service with PostgreSQL
- Trends in the container world and how they will affect PostgreSQL
At the conclusion of the talk, you will understand the fundamentals of how to use container technologies with PostgreSQL and be on your way to running a containerized PostgreSQL environment at scale!
Jonathan S. Katz is the Director of Customer Success & Communications at Crunchy Data , a leading provider of trusted open source PostgreSQL technology, support, and training. Jonathan is also responsible for the advocacy efforts of the PostgreSQL Global Development Group , is a board member of the nonprofit United States PostgreSQL Association , and is a co-organizer of the NYC PostgreSQL User Group.
6:30 - Drinks/Apps and Networking
7 - Introduction
7:15 - Talks
8:30 - Wrap up/shut down
We will be on the 1st floor in the LiveSafe offices. Please come in through the Key Blvd Lobby and take the elevator to the first floor. There will be signs from there.
Metro: LiveSafe is located two blocks from the Rosslyn Metro station in Rosslyn Virginia. The Rosslyn Metro station services the Orange, Silver, and Blue lines.
Driving: LiveSafe is located just off Route 66 in Rosslyn Virginia. There is paid street and garage parking available.
LiveSafe will sponsor beer, sodas, food (likely pizza or subs). There are plenty of local bars available if people would like to continue the discussion after the talk.