Many organizations say that they are now Agile and are adopting Scrum. They are also adapting Scrum to fit their unique circumstances. This results in what is know as ScrumBut.
Scrumbut [skruhmbut] noun.
1. A person engaged in only partial Agile project management or development methodologies
2. One who engages in either semi-agile or quasi-waterfall development methodologies.
3. One who adopts only SOME tenants of the SCRUM methodology.
4. In general, one who uses the word "but" when answering the question "Do you do SCRUM?". Example: We use Scrum, but we have these unique circumstances, so we had to modify Scrum so it works here.
Sounds familiar? Is this good or bad? Join us to discuss the modifications you have done, the pros and cons of these changes, the impact of not addressing them, and possible solutions.
When: Tuesday June 18, 2013 at 6:00 pm (See Agenda Below)
Where: Excella Consulting, Ground floor conference room, 2300 Wilson Blvd., Arlington VA 22201
Cost: Free thanks to our sponsors
Thank you to our main sponsor Excella Consulting for hosting our meetings and providing pizza and refreshments.
Excella is hiring! Check out the open job opportunities (http://www.meetup.com/DC-Scrum-User-Group/pages/Open_Job_Opportunity/) page. Excella is offering DCSUG members a discount for upcoming Agile training classes (http://excella.eventbrite.com/).
6:00 – 6:30 Arrive, mingle, pizza, network and setup
6:30 – 8:00 Discussion/Game/Workshop
8:00 – 8:30 Q&A and wrap-up
Can't make it this month?
We meet monthly. So if you can't make it this month, hopefully we'll see you at the next meetup. Also, if you have an idea, game, workshop, or story to share with the group, then please contact the organizer to setup a presentation for a future meeting.
- ScrumBut definition from Jurgen Appelo