addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DC Social Singles Message Board › New Meetup: Coffee/Tea then Museum Tour of "Holidays on Display"

New Meetup: Coffee/Tea then Museum Tour of "Holidays on Display"

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for DC Smart Singles!

What: Coffee/Tea then Museum Tour of "Holidays on Display"

When: December 20, 2009 11:30 AM

Where:
Starbucks
1301 Pennsylvania Ave NW (13th St. between E and F)
Washington, DC 20004

I love this time of year. It reminds me of the great times I had as a kid growing up in NYC – Rockefeller Center, the Macy’s and FAO Schwartz window displays, etc. You really don't see those big department store displays anymore, but have no fear! :-)

The National Museum of American History has created "Holidays on Display." The exhibition: "examines the art, industry, and history of holiday display across the United States. Focusing on parading culture and department store retail display, primarily between the 1920s and 1960s, when holiday displays were considered commercial endeavors equally rewarding for the American public, the exhibition showcases numerous photographs, postcards and rendering illustration of parade floats and window displays....”

Before we enjoy the exhibition, let’s meet up at 11:30 am at Starbucks for some coffee/tea and conversation. After we chat a bit, we will walk over to the National Museum of American History.

Since I am on a one-man crusade to eradicate Meetup flakiness, the “maybe” RSVP option has been disabled.

The nearest Metro to is Federal Triangle on the Blue/Orange lines. You can also walk a few blocks south from the Metro Center Station. If you are driving, please allot yourself enough time for traffic and to find parking.

In case of a few flurries, the show will go on. In case of a blizzard, the event is canceled. Anything in between, we will play it by ear.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­