We are having a party! DC UL is celebrating 10 years of backpacking, friends, gear, and bonus miles--so join us for what will be a fun and festive time. We’ve reserved the picnic pavilion and surrounding camping area at the Treehouse Camp in Rohrersville, Maryland, just a short distance away from Harpers Ferry, for the celebration.
- TUBING! Yes, we’ve secured group rates for those interested in a tubing trip during the day.
- COOK-OUT! Burgers, hot dogs, sausages, sides, and snacks starting at 4 p.m. (Vegan/vegetarian options available.)
- HIKING! Nearby hiking opportunities along the AT and in Harpers Ferry for those who want to hit the trails.
- CAMPING! Spend Saturday night out with your DC UL friends.
- CAKE! What’s a party without cake.
- AND YOU! So sign up--what are you waiting for?!
Ten years is quite the milestone and we hope you will be there to join us in celebrating it.
*****PAYMENT & THE FINE PRINT*****
Your RSVP is confirmed once we receive payment. Come for the full festivities or come for the party.
- $8 for the party only.
- $17 for the party and camping.
- Add $38 if you want to participate in the group whitewater tubing trip with River Riders. The fee covers a deluxe tube rental at the discounted rate, plus a $2.25 user fee and 6% sales tax. Depending on group size, we will finalize times closer to the event, but anticipate that we’ll be doing either the 10:30 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. trip.
So that’s $55 for the full festivities ($17 + $38 for tubing, food, and camping)--not a bad deal!
Send your payment via PayPal to jen.adach[at]gmail.com. (Venmo and other options are available, if needed.) Please include your full name and what you are paying for in your note so we can keep track of RSVPs. If you need to cancel, a full refund, minus $2 processing fee, is available through July 26 for camping and the party. If tubing is cancelled due to weather by the outfitter, a full refund for tubing is available.
Friends and family are welcome to join! Children under the age of 18 are free for camping and for the party. Contact me about rates for tubing.
- By RSVPing to this trip or any other DC UL trip, you agree to DC UL's waiver liability terms.
*****ABOUT THE TREEHOUSE CAMP*****
Treehouse Camp is located in Rohrersville, Md., an easy drive from both Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Md. Facilities include indoor bathrooms and outdoor hot showers and a camp store. Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., and they ask that no one enters or leaves the camp between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
We’ve reserved camping space for the weekend, but the Treehouse Camp also has treehouses and cottages available for reservation. Contact them directly if you are interested in exploring this option: http://www.thetreehousecamp.com
Alcohol is permitted. Bring what you’d like to imbibe!