The Washington DC Write to Publish Group is unlike most writers’ groups (which focus on critiquing each other’s work). Instead, this group is dedicated to the business side of writing and works to educate authors (and would be authors) on what to expect when taking a finished manuscript and making it available for sale.
The group is currently run by Robin Sullivan, business manager of Michael J. Sullivan (New York Times and Washington Post bestselling author of 14 released books: The Riyria Revelations (6), The Riyria Chronicles (4), Legends of the First Empire (3), and Hollow World). Michael also has 4 finished novels releasing soon: (Age of Legend (Summer 2019), Age of Death (Winter 2019), Age of Empyre (Spring 2020), Arrow of Death (Fall 2020). Michael has sold more than 1.4 million books and has more than 80 foreign language translations.
Robin took over this group over a decade ago and has taught more than 50 courses since that time. She's a publishing veteran and has done it all when it comes to releasing books. Some highlights include:
• Obtaining 6 six-figure and one seven-figure contract
• 3 contracts with 2 of the big-five (Hachette Book Group & Penguin Random House)
• Self-publishing 7 of her husband's novels and selling more than 120,000 copies
• Releasing 2 books through small presses
• Running a small press which earned multiple authors six-figure paychecks
• Marketing Michael's books to exceed 1,400,000 English copies sold
• Negotiation one of the few "print only" deals since the rise of ebooks
• Negotiating audio deals with publishers, audio producers, and Audible Studios
• More than 80 foreign language translations
• Managing multiple agents
• Running three of the top-earning fiction Kickstarters than $100,000, $80,000 & $30,000)
• Writing articles for Writer's Digest, Digital Book World, and Publishing Perspectives
• Presenting Seminars for Writer's Digest and various Writer's Conferences