AI and Machine Learning Enthusiasts!
Your GDG-DC organizer team is so excited to announce a brand new meetup event! Introducing a 4 part series on AI / ML in partnership with the GDG-DC and the Cakes and Tensor's (C&T) Booz Allen meetup groups.
1. September 20th: Algorithms in AI
- Speakers: Jared Sylvester, Booz Allen Hamilton; Megan Yetman, Capital One;
2. October 11th: TF2.0 and AutoGraph : Easier TensorFlow
- Speaker: Alex Wiltschko, Google Brain Team;
3. October 18th: AI Tools and Methods
- Speakers: Dr. Kirk Borne, Booz Allen Hamilton;
4. November 15th: MLKit on Android and Machine Learning with NVIDIA hardware team;
- Speakers: Pete Varvarezis, Android Architect @ Capital One; NVIDIA team.
Meetup Series: 4 of 4
Speaker: Pete Varvarezis: Mobile Engineering Architect at Capital One
Title: MLKit on Mobile
In the year 2018 the powers of silicon and electricity combined to create something amazing: a machine that could schedule salon appointments! You too can harness this technology, thanks to Google's (beta) release of ML Kit! Whether it's extracting text from images, scanning bar codes or even performing some complex TensorFlow Lite custom evaluations — ML Kit has something for the individual looking for machines to do the heavy lifting!
This talk will go over all the Machine Learning functionality that is available to you through ML Kit, providing code samples along the way. As an added bonus, each feature will be demonstrated live on a real Android device!
Speaker: Adam Thompson from Nvidia
Title: Hardware considerations in AI
6:00-6:30 pm - Check-In & Networking (with Food/Drinks)
6:30 pm - Catherine Ordun and Jared Sheehan, Welcome Keynote
6:45 pm - Pete Varvarezis
7:15 pm - Nvidia Hardware Team
8:00 pm - Networking and Wrap-up