With the ever-increasing complexity and proliferation of data, protecting our nation’s most valuable information is no easy endeavor. In response to this growing challenge, this month’s Microsoft Azure Government DC Meetup will discuss strategies for governance that have helped them prepare for today’s cloud era.
We are excited for this month's can't-miss Meetup featuring a panel of government/industry professionals and governance subject matter experts who will discuss and answer your questions around:
• Empowering users while protecting sensitive information
• Ensuring compliance across platforms including: on-premises, hybrid, or cloud-hosted SharePoint/O365 deployments
• Enforcing governance by leveraging automation tools to ensure seamless provisioning of service requests across your organization’s varied lines of business.
There will also be a role-based access control (RBAC) demo; and as always the Meetup will feature great networking and refreshments.
There is no cost to attend this event. Check out the agenda and directions below, and RSVP to join us!
Agenda & Directions
6:00 – 6:30 p.m. – Networking & Refreshments
6:30 – 6:35 p.m. – Welcome & Introductions
• Meetup Organizers: Vishwas Lele, CTO, AIS, & Microsoft Azure MVP; and Karina Homme, Azure Government Product Market Lead, Microsoft
6:35 – 7:15 p.m. – Governance Panel Discussion / Q&A (Level 100)
•Peter Burkholder, Co-organizer, DevOps DC Meetup
• Patrick James (https://www.linkedin.com/in/rickjames/), Project Lead, Office of the Inspector General, State Department (https://oig.state.gov/)
• Matt Rathbun (https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-rathbun-7104207/), Chief Information Security Officer, Microsoft Azure Government, Microsoft (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/clouds/government/)
• Dana Simberkoff (https://www.linkedin.com/in/danalouisesimberkoff/), Chief Compliance and Risk Officer, AvePoint Inc (https://www.avepoint.com/)
• Moderator: Karina Homme, Azure Government Product Market Lead, Microsoft
7:15 – 7:50 p.m. – Enabling Cloud Operations - Re-imagining IT Operations While Keeping the Lights On
• Carroll Moon, Service Management Architect for Cloud, Microsoft
7:50 – 8:05 p.m. – Demo: Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
• Steve Michelotti, Sr. Program Manager, Azure Government, Microsoft
8:05 – 8:30 p.m. – Wrap-up and Networking
Directions to 1776 (http://www.1776.vc/)
[masked]th St. NW, Washington, DC
Check in on 1st floor / Meetup on 12th floor
1776 is located only a few blocks from both Logan Circle and the White House. The building is across the street from the Washington Post and is home to Strayer University on the first floor. A sign is visible on the exterior of the building.
Parking: There’s a parking garage to the building. Rate is $6 after 5 p.m.
Metro: Closest metro stops are McPherson Square (blue and orange lines) and Farragut North (red line). 1776 is about a 5- to 7-minute walk from each station