Hybrid cloud is critical to government IT transformation, which means storing data on-premises and in the cloud. Keeping up with ever-changing IT environments presents myriad challenges for organizations. Please join us for the May Azure Government DC Meetup where we will discuss and share valuable insights on how agencies can gain visibility and control across their hybrid cloud
During this Meetup, you will learn how to:
· Choose the right tools for your hybrid cloud environment
· Manage and recover any platform, cloud, or workload
· Gain insight into unseen issues and quickly address them
· Use management tools to create innovation
· Improve security and protection
Additionally, you will hear about OMS use cases, and also get updates from the recent Microsoft Build 2017 conference which features the latest new technologies and exciting plans on the horizon.
Please see the agenda below and RSVP today. Be sure to invite your colleagues and connections to join us!
**New! Faster check-in option for Azure Gov Meetups**
To expedite the check-in process, we now offer a QR code check-in option using Eventbrite. To take advantage of this, be sure to RSVP on Meetup first; then follow the below steps to expedite your check-in!
1. Visit this Meetup listing on Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/managing-the-changing-hybrid-cloud-environment-in-gov-tickets-34747115558)
2. Sign in or sign up for an Eventbrite account
3. In “Account Settings,” be sure to enter your: first/last name; role/job title; company/organization
4. Register for the Meetup
5. Receive your QR code via email or the Eventbrite app to use for faster check-in!
Agenda & Directions
6:00 – 6:30 p.m. – Networking & Refreshments
6:35 – 6:40 p.m. – Welcome & Introductions
• Meetup Organizers: Vishwas Lele (https://www.linkedin.com/in/vishwas-lele-240206), CTO, AIS (http://www.appliedis.com/), & Microsoft Azure MVP (https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/PublicProfile/5000214?fullName=Vishwas%20%20Lele); and Karina Homme (https://www.linkedin.com/in/karinahomme), Azure Government Product Market Lead, Microsoft (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/clouds/government/)
6:40 – 8:00 p.m. – Presentations
Enabling IT Transformation for Hybrid Cloud with Operations Management Suite + Demo on Insights and Analytics (Level[masked])
Brian Harrison (https://www.linkedin.com/in/briancharrison/), Cloud Solution Architect, Microsoft
During this session, Brian will present Microsoft Azure’s suite of services, Operational Management Suite (OMS), which helps you manage and maintain your IaaS. This discussion will cover Backup; Site Recovery; Automation; and Monitoring/Log Analytics. Brian also will demo Insights and Analytics.
Customer Use Case: Lessons Learned & Best Practices
Harin Sandhoo (https://www.linkedin.com/in/harin-sandhoo-1ba9551/), Cloud Architect, AIS
Lessons learned and tips after deploying OMS at an enterprise customer. Overview of the deployment architecture and tips for implementing.
Updates from Microsoft Build 2017 (Level 100)
Vishwas Lele (https://www.linkedin.com/in/vishwas-lele-240206), CTO, AIS (http://www.appliedis.com/), & Microsoft Azure MVP (https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/PublicProfile/5000214?fullName=Vishwas%20%20Lele)
Get updates from the recent Microsoft Build 2017 conference which features the latest new technologies and exciting plans on the horizon.
8:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Wrap-up & Post-Event Networking
Directions to 1776 (http://www.1776.vc/) -- Washington, DC
(Check in on 1st floor / Meetup on 12th floor)
1776 is located only a few blocks from both Logan Circle and the White House. The building is across the street from the Washington Post and is home to Strayer University on the first floor. A sign is visible on the exterior of the building.
Parking: There’s a parking garage to the building. Rate is $6 after 5 p.m.
Metro: Closest metro stops are McPherson Square (blue and orange lines) and Farragut North (red line). 1776 is about a 5- to 7-minute walk from each station.