For government, cybersecurity isn’t only a challenge—it can be a roadblock standing in the path of long-awaited digital transformation.
Agencies are tasked with balancing the highest security measures with innovation, as today’s employees and citizens alike insist that their data be conveniently available anytime, anywhere.
RSVP & join us for this special-edition Azure Gov Meetup on "The Intersection of Cybersecurity & Digital Transformation for Gov."
This can’t-miss Meetup features Mark Russinovich (https://www.linkedin.com/in/markrussinovich/), Microsoft Azure CTO, a widely recognized Microsoft Technical Fellow, public speaker, and accomplished author (http://www.trojanhorsethebook.com/). Mark will share his vision on the:
• Outlook for cloud computing;
• Confidential computing, the innovative hardware based secure cloud solution for encrypting data while in use;
• Cybersecurity and what digital transformation can look like for agencies as the future becomes the present.
Following Mark will be an engaging panel discussion on “Balancing Cybersecurity & Gov Modernization,” featuring security experts including:
• Jason Miller (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-miller-6b63754/), Executive Editor, Federal News Radio (moderator)
• Rafael Diaz (https://www.linkedin.com/in/rafael-c-diaz/), CTO, Northrup Grumman and former CIO of Housing and Urban Development
• Matt Rathbun (https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-rathbun-7104207/), CISO, Microsoft Azure Government
• Greg Shipley, Sr. Vice President, In-Q-Tel (https://www.iqt.org/)
Get answers to your questions about tangible ways you can drive digital transformation in government and get ready for what’s next in the future of cybersecurity.
As always, there will be great networking opportunities and refreshments during our Meetup, which is FREE and open to the public.
RSVP now to secure your spot!
**Faster check-in option!**
We offer a QR code check-in option using Eventbrite. To use this, please RSVP on Meetup first; then follow these steps!
1. Go to this event listing (https://aka.ms/azgovmeetup-eb1017) on Eventbrite
2. Sign in or sign up for an Eventbrite account
3. In “Account Settings,” be sure to enter your: first/last name; role/job title; company/organization
4. Register for the Meetup and receive your QR code via email or the Eventbrite app for faster check-in!
Directions to 1776 -- Washington, DC
(Check in on 1st floor / Meetup on 12th floor)
1776 is located only a few blocks from both Logan Circle and the White House. The building is across the street from the Washington Post and is home to Strayer University on the first floor. A sign is visible on the exterior of the building.
Parking: There’s a parking garage to the building. Rate is $6 after 5 p.m.
Metro: Closest metro stops are McPherson Square (blue and orange lines) and Farragut North (red line). 1776 is about a 5- to 7-minute walk from each station.