Keeping pace with mission demands is an increasing challenge for government. Developers are on the hook to deliver new capabilities to their agencies faster than ever.
To hear how DevOps and cloud can help agencies accelerate their mission speed and capabilities, RSVP and join the Microsoft Azure Government DC user community for a DevOps focused meetup.
During this meetup, you’ll hear from government and industry experts who will:
* Discuss benefits of DevOps and how it’s being used in government
* Share challenges and best practices for successfully implementing a DevOps methodology
* Demonstrate DevOps tools and techniques
AGENDA & DIRECTIONS
6:00 PM – 6:35 PM
Networking & Refreshments
6:35 PM – 6:40 PM
Welcome & Announcements
* Karina Homme, Senior Director, Microsoft Azure Government
6:40 PM – 7:05 PM
The Need for Speed - Azure DevOps (demo)
* Joel Day, Account Technology Strategist, Microsoft Federal
7:05 PM – 7:25 PM
Brain Agility: Overcoming Cognitive Bias
* Lisa Boyer Cooney, Agile Coach and Consultant, Blackstone Technology Group
7:25 PM – 8:00 PM
Panel Discussion: How DevOps + Cloud Accelerate Mission Speed
* Peter Burkholder, Innovation Specialist, 18F/GSA; formerly Chef, Inc., AARP
* Laura Gerhardt, Analytics Lead, 18F/GSA; formerly University of California
* Eric Johnson, Solutions Engineer, GitHub
* Orval P, Chief of IT and Communications, US Government (pending approval)
* Karina Homme, Senior Director, Microsoft Azure Government (moderator)
8:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Wrap-up & Networking
1776 Crystal City
2231 Crystal Drive, #1000 (10th Floor)
Arlington, VA 22203
The closest metro stop is Crystal City (yellow & blue lines). 1776 is about a 7 minute walk from the station (you can also walk through the Crystal City Shops “Underground” and make most of the trip indoors - follow signs to “23rd Street”).
The 1776 building has an underground parking deck on 23rd Street S and Crystal Drive, right at the intersection. When you enter the parking lot, turn left following signs to the restaurant “Ruth’s Chris". Make sure to park in the green zone to access our building directly (if you’re not sure, the pillars have the building address on them as well).