• Maintain a respectful conversation. (Attack the ideas, but not the person expressing them.)
• Speak at a volume that the table can hear you
• Try not to stray TOO far from the topic at hand (there is no formal moderator or anything but it's just so that everyone gets to talk about the topic they came for).
• Self Introductions
• Context - What is the "two party system" in America? How is it different from other parts of the world? Discuss the history of the party system in America. What has caused it to be put in place? When have parties been created, risen and fallen?
• Current events - How are the parties aligned today on social, economical and international policy issues? Is the two party system working for America today? What needs to change? What is the viability of a third party over taking the Democratic and/or Republican party?
• Future - How would you design a political party system?
• Closing remarks
Note: Meal is not provided with this event. Please plan to pay for your own grub.
p.s. We're looking for volunteers to help offset the ~90 bucks that Meetup charges to host this group. Attendees are requested to pitch in $2 to $5 (or whatever you can afford) during dinner so the group can continue.
Check out our sponsor: NoD CoWorking (noddfw.com)