Notice: Innovation Pavilion is shutting down, and some of the exterior signs are already gone. So look for the building name once you're here: "Panorama Point"
5:30pm - Pizza and Networking.
- Pizza and soft drinks provided by Aurora Pangallo of TEKsystems (https://www.teksystems.com/).
- Beer and water provided by Abbey Overlee of PeerSource (https://www.mypeersource.com/).
- $5 Starbucks cards to 10 first-timers provided by Marissa Nolan of Experis (http://www.experis.com).
- Meeting space provided by Innovation Pavilion (http://www.innovationpavilion.com).
Note: As Innovation Pavilion is closing down, our long-term IP contact, Kerianne Leffew, has moved up to https://upsuite.com/. We congratulate Kerianne on her new position, and encourage our members to contact her with any coworking-space needs that you may have: [masked]
- Special appreciation to Jay Zimmerman of No Fluff Just Stuff (NFJS) for helping out with speakers plus the occasional NFJS giveaway (https://nofluffjuststuff.com/).
6:00pm - Announcements
6:05pm Venkat Subramaniam: Twelve Ways to Make Code Suck Less
The doctor is in the house!
We all have seen our share of bad code and some really good code as well. What are some of the common anti patterns that seem to be recurring over and over in code that sucks? By learning about these code smells and avoiding them, we can greatly help make our code better. Come to this talk to learn about some common code smells and how to improve the quality of code.
About the speaker:
Dr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc. (http://www.agiledeveloper.com), and an instructional professor at the University of Houston.
He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with agile practices on their software projects.