DAMA New England's goals are to: Help practitioners become more knowledgeable and skilled in information and data management. The purpose of this meetup is to provide networking opportunities for data professionals in New England, to provide direct access to thought leaders in the field, and to assist with professional development and certification. DAMA New England is a chapter of DAMA International.
You should attend DAMA New England meetings if you are interested in these topics:
• Obtaining the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) certification
• Helping others get the CDMP (eg forming a study group)
• Learning more about the DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge, 2nd ed. - DMBOK2
• Learn the conceptual framework that connects the many facets of data management
• Data Governance
• Data Architecture
• Master Data Management
• Business Analysis
• Enterprise Data Architecture
• Data Warehousing
• Business Intelligence
• Data Visualization
• Database Design
• Data Modeling for Relational and NoSQL databases
• Big Data
• Data Science
• Cloud computing - management of data in public and private clouds
• Microservice analysis and design
• Polyglot Persistence - Selecting the best data store for the application
Guy Harrison is CTO at Southbank Software, Partner at Toba Capital, and a software professional with more than 20 years’ experience in database design, development, administration and optimization. He is the author of “Next Generation Databases”. “MongoDB Performance Tuning”, “Oracle Performance Survival Guide”,“MYSQL Stored Procedure Programming” as well as many other books and articles on database technology. Guy writes the emerging technologies and MongoDB Matters column for Database Trends and Applications.
Since he will be calling in from Australia, this meeting will commence at 5:00 PM Eastern time.