• 17:30-18:00 - Gathering, Networking, Hugs and Kisses
• 18:00-18:15 - Opening, Announcements, and More...
• 18:15-19:30 - First Session (T-SQL Ordering Woes)
• 19:30-19:45 - Break (More Networking)
• 19:45-20:30 - Second Session (Live Interview with Itzik)
1. T-SQL Ordering Woes – Itzik Ben-Gan (75 Minutes)
There are cases where you create indexes to support query elements that rely on order, but the optimizer seems to not realize this, and ends up applying a sort.
This session demonstrates a number of such situations and provides workarounds that enable the optimizer to rely on index order and this way avoid unnecessary sorting.
2. Live Interview with Itzik Ben-Gan (45 Minutes)
After the first session, we will have a live interview with Itzik. We will talk about his career, from the early days in Israel to the current days all over the world. We will talk about Itzik’s well-known courses, books and T-SQL puzzles.
It will be an open discussion with the audience. This is your opportunity to ask Itzik questions or share your thoughts with everyone.
There are several parking lots in the area as well as street parking (blue & white).