• 18:00-18:30 - Gathering, Networking, Hugs and Kisses
• 18:30-18:45 - Opening, Announcements, and More...
• 18:45-20:15 - First Session (AWS Big Data Demystified)
• 20:15-20:30 - Break (More Networking)
• 20:30-21:00 - Second Session (Azure Data Services – The Latest Updates & Announcements)
1. AWS Big Data Demystified – Omid Vahdaty (90 Minutes)
A while ago I entered the challenging world of Big Data. As an engineer, at first, I was not so impressed with this field. As time went by, I realized more and more. The technological challenges in this area are too great to master by one person.
Consequently, I created a meetup detailing all the challenges of Big Data, especially in the world of cloud. I am using AWS infrastructure to answer the basic questions of anyone starting their way in the big data world:
• How to transform data (TXT, CSV, TSV, JSON) into Parquet, ORC…
• Which technology should we use to model the data? EMR? Athena? Redshift? Spectrum? Glue? Spark? SparkSQL?
• How to handle streaming?
• How to manage costs?
• Performance tips?
• Security tips?
• Cloud best practices tips?
2. Azure Data Services – The Latest Updates & Announcements – Guy Glantser (30 Minutes)
In this session we will cover the latest updates, releases and announcements in Azure related to data services and platforms, such as: Azure SQL Database, Azure Databricks and Power BI.
All sessions will be held in Hebrew.