This event is part of the #BDW15 , a global festival of data.
Our topic of the day: Datasciences and Open Data: 'Open data as enabler for improved decision making and new product and service offerings.'
• 18:30 Presenting the Brussels Data Science Community (http://datasciencebe.com/)
• 18:40 Presenting the European Data Innovation HUB (http://www.datainnovationhub.eu/)
• 18:50 Update about the data communities by Philippe Van Impe
Jobs (http://datasciencebe.com/datajobs/) | events (http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Innovation-Training-Hub/events/) | training (http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Innovation-Training-Hub/events/) | new videos (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUBGYn2sbKzVITW7y9D8dlQ) | co-working (https://www.linkedin.com/company/co-working-at-the-data-innovation-hub)
• 19:00 Pieter Colpaert, about the goal behind every open data initiative: maximising the reuse of data
• 19:30 Anne-Sofie Vandevelde (kabinet De Croo) will present the Belgian Open Data Strategy.
• 20:00 Hans Constandt (https://be.linkedin.com/in/hansconstandt) from Ontoforce about his experience using Open data in Belgium vs US.
• 20:30 Fabien Janssens will present his free hands-on open data workshop (http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Innovation-Training-Hub/events/226365388/) that he is organizing on December 2nd
• 20:45 Tonight's challenge: take the floor and show what you can do with open data.
• Steven Beeckman (https://www.facebook.com/steven.beeckman?fref=nf) - on open data & Villo
• 21:00 Startups presentations: everybody is welcome to share his thoughts !
Open data as enabler for improved decision making and new product and service offerings.'
• 21:15 - Networking at the Opinio
If you cannot join us you can subscribe to our video channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUBGYn2sbKzVITW7y9D8dlQ).
What is Big Data Week?
Big Data Week is one of the most unique global platforms of interconnected community events focusing on the social, political, technological impacts of Big Data.
It brings together a global community of data scientists, data technologies, data visualisers and data businesses spanning six major commercial, financial, social and technological sectors.
The festival connects a number of global cities through locally hosted meetups, events, networking functions, data visualisation demos, debates, discussion and hackathons. Events are designed to provide a platform to educate, inform and inspire – organised by people who are passionate and knowledgeable about data. We’re a self organising community where anyone is able to host and create an event during the festival; making the our platform completely open and community driven.
We connect communities of specialists from various backgrounds – Data Science, Data Technology, Data Visualization and Data Business – across major industry sectors: Media and Entertainment, Health and Science, Financial Sector, Retail and FMCG, Public and Government, and Social and Personal.