These weekly meetings are encouraged for everybody who is interested in participating in the DengueHack.org (https://denguehack.org/) data4good challenge. A list of other activities organised in the light of the DengueHack can be found here (https://denguehack.org/activities/).
Everybody is welcome, no matter the background and experience level.
These sessions are highly interactive and rely on group participation with live examples, code and discussions.
In the first half of each session the focus will be :
1) review/profile newly arrived data and discuss how it could be used to support ongoing efforts
2) discuss/share experiences on data already in use to achieve the dengue hackathon challenges
3) share creative ideas on how to use available data to achieve the dengue hackathon challenges
<< short break with snacks & drinks >>
In the second half of each session the focus will be :
1) live Aster code examples on how to apply data science methods and techniques to data that is already available to achieve hackathon challenges
2) share/discuss benefits and difficulties experienced when using Aster to apply data science methods and techniques to data that is already available
3) live Aster code examples of tuning techniques and approaches to significantly improve quality of data science methods and techniques with data that is already available
We look forward to your participation.