Location visible to members
6.30pm Welcome, free pizza+beer, and networking
7pm talks start
How to enable a Data Science Discovery platform with SQL & MapReduce
Donal Daly Director @Teradata EMEA Aster Centre of Expertise
Chris Hillmman Principal Data Scientist, @Teradata International Advanced Analytics Team
- What are the key attributes of a Discovery platform?
- Why should you care? What does it mean from a data scientist perspective?
- We will challenge the audience with questions and will show our answers based on our experience working in enterprise large scale data projects
- How to run MapReduce jobs using standard SQL with Aster SQL-MapReduce
- Running SQL queries on Hadoop data with Aster SQL-H
- Integrating Aster metadata with Hadoop HCatalog
- PoV on Architectural styles and foundations
- 3 customer cases on how valuable insight was derived using Teradata Aster and Hadoop: Path analytics
- Q&A with the audience
Break, networking and beer
Data Science Discovery using R and open data: PrescibingAnalytics.com project
Francine Bennett, CEO and co-founder @MastodonC
In this talk Fran will walk through how data science -in combination with expert guidance from qualified doctors and medical researchers- was applied to discover big potential costs savings in the NHS using R and open data.
Session ends by 9.30pm-ish