What we're about
Who are we?
We are a community of data science practitioners and enthusiasts of all stripes. We huddle together once a month to share our experiences working as data scientists and network with industry professionals and recruiters. In summary, we grow our knowledge through crowdsourcing and make helpful connections through networking.
Origin of ‘DataGiri’:
Fusion English; Data (Modern English) + -Giri (borrowed from Hindi: Dadagiri = bullying). DataGiri derives its name from the central plot of data science, which is tussling with and coercing data to gain avant-garde insights.
We started in late 2016 with the intention to spark discussions around data science and evangelize the discipline. Our first meetup attracted a bit over 150 attendees. Over time, the movement snowballed and today we have over 15000 community members. We are the largest, organized, open data science community with chapters in every large global metro city.
Who should join?
• Data scientists and practitioners.
• Data analytics practitioners.
• Data enthusiasts of all stripes (Datasiasts).
• Technology geeks and nerds.
Why should you join?
• Crowdsource knowledge acquisition.
• Stay on the cutting edge of data science evolution.
• Network with industry figureheads, academicians, and peers.
• Find exciting opportunities - employment and otherwise.
• Help a grassroots movement grow.
Check out the other Chapters
• Mumbai - https://www.meetup.com/DataGiri
• Other Chapters
Bengaluru | Hyderabad | Delhi-NCR | Chennai | Pune | Ahmedabad | Kolkata
Mailing List and Discussion Board Guidelines
DataGiri follows Meetup.com's Use of Platform ( http://www.meetup.com/terms/ ) guidelines.
About the Organizers
• Mayuresh Shilotri - See & Connect on LinkedIN ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/mayureshshilotri )
• Mitul Thakkar - See & Connect on LinkedIN ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/mitulthakkar )
• Shweta Doshi - See & Connect on LinkedIN ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/shweta-doshi-aa6088b )
Want to Contribute?
Nominate yourself as speaker. Fill out the form: http://goo.gl/forms/9u6WWGsazRe1Lqmu1
ms (at) greyatom (dot) com