What we're about
Our goal for this group is to put together a fun, friendly group of women in the Decatur and surrounding areas. Although we do not have a firm age limit, our events are designed for women 50 years or older. We have a few rules that help our group run well.
1. Your profile must have a clear photo of you.
2. You have a 30 day trial membership. Dues are $5 a year starting the date you sign up. If you have not paid the $5 by the end of the 30 day trial, Meet-Up will automatically move your membership to pending status and you will not be able to sign up for events.
3. Before signing up for an event, read all the details including costs, parking, and what to expect.
4. Our rsvp system allows us to make the correct reservations at venues. We ask that you do everything possible to show up when you say you will. A no-show, late arrival, or late cancel causes disruption to everyone involved, so we track these things on your membership account. Things happen; let us know if you have an emergency. That said, we reserve the right to remove your membership should there be excessive disruptions.
5. Show up and have fun with us! This group is not about numbers; it is about making friends. Most of our events are small group so we can meet and interact with everyone there. We want active members and we want to see you often.
6. If you would like to co-host or suggest an event let us know. Dinner? A movie? A lecture? Dinner at your house?
7. If the event you want is FULL please add yourself to the waitlist and you will automatically be moved into an open place if one becomes available. If you make other plans it is your responsibility to take yourself off the waitlist.
8. Keep your contact information up-to-date so we can communicate.
Welcome, and we hope to see you soon!