Denver Relaxed Philosophy and Movie Club Message Board › Tonight, Tonight...
Just wanted to send out a quick reminder about tonight's meetup. We will be gathering at Hanson's on south Pearl St at 7.30pm TONIGHT! Can't wait to see everyone!!!
Here is the list of questions submitted for this month's meetup. Enjoy!
1) Is it ethical/unethical that we are imprisoning people in penitentiaries run by publicly traded, for-profit corporations?
2) There have been strikes, protests, and riots going on in Greece for more than a year. What is the cause of the massive civil unrest?
3) What will bring an end to the occupation of Afghanistan? Iraq?
4) People tend to blame a sitting U.S. President for things like a bad economy or an unreasonable foreign policy. Is the President really powerful enough to deserve all of the blame?
5) Could the dominant political establishments in the US have chosen worse mascots?
6) How many people are working in forced labor camps (aka Slavery) in the world today?
7) Can only a rat win a rat race?
8) Why is it socially unacceptable to take a break in marriage?
9) What is the worst thing a person can do to you and still redeem themselves?
10) What is the most meaningless topic you and a spouse/significant other had a knock-down, drag-out fight over?