What we're about
Steve Van Valkenburg was the Group Founder and passed the baton on in 2016...
"Denver West" was originally "West Denver" and was formed with members from the west side of Denver (i.e. Broadway) to the start of the foothills (e.g. Golden), and Westminster to Littleton. It of course as has Denver expanded greatly!
In our Group, you will find … a fun mix of nice people who like to join in sharing good conversations, laughter and activities that enhance a friendly, supportive and social atmosphere. The intent is to create fun, safe and social space in various environments where we share activities, meet and have a good time. Many members are natives of Colorado, New to Colorado or are People that find themselves in new life situations. Join us should you want to get out of the house to socialize, have fun, do something good, try something new and develop new friendships!
Let go of any fear you may have about venturing out and attending an event for the first time (many members have been through this already and they will certainly understand how you feel) you will find that the members in the group are a nice mix of people of various backgrounds and ages who just want to continue to live life and enjoy exploring new adventures, meet new people and share good times at great places and events.
• This Group is not sponsored by any organization nor do I promote a business. Note: We do allow some members (as organizers or event hosts) to post activities that may occasionally promote a business or service.
• There is no charge for member activities for participation within this Group however PLEASE make a donation to the group to help us cover any annual site fee costs should you like.
• Events include just for fun options as well as some charity work-fundraising opportunities.
• Some events may have a fee and the information WILL BE POSTED so that you may reserve or buy your own ticket(s) for the event.
• Most events allow you to bring 1-2 Friends, some will have RSVP limitations and those with children may bring them to any event providing it is age-content appropriate and that you maintain responsibility for your children at all times during an event.
• I do not attend all events due to time constraints or personal needs so should you need a leader at all times…this will not be the group for you. As needed, I will ask a member to volunteer to meet other members when I am unable to attend and I greatly appreciate the help and support of those who are able to volunteer.
• You may host an Event should you be willing, all you have to do is propose and event and we will approve after reviewing.
Please Email me with any questions…I hope you enjoy our Group!