addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver Mountain Bikers (DMB) Message Board › Less than two weeks away!

Less than two weeks away!

A former member
It looks like we'll have 12 riders on the trip. I think this is a good number. Logistics will vary depending on how varied the riders abilities are.
At 12 riders, I can't justify a second support vehicle. Since the bus can't make it to Fisher Valley, I'll be using a van with a trailer. I'll be able to get everyone back to Fruita from Moab, but be prepared to be hip-to-hip with your neighbor!
If anyone would like a ride out with me, I'll be departing Denver Tuesday morning the 1st of October probably around 10am, no later than noon. If I'm feeling fresh, I'll depart Fruita that night and drive back to Denver through the night, arriving maybe 3amish. If I'm feeling tired, I'll get up early Sunday the 6th and be back in Denver early afternoon.
Each person should be packed to have ONE large bag with all camping and long-term gear ideally to only access at the camp spot, as well as ONE day-pack size bag that has daytime items and snacks in it that can be accessed at lunch stops and any other points I may be able to hook up with you all. Consider bringing a folding camp chair, but avoid bringing individual coolers. Groups should share and individuals can use my cooler. I can get another if we run out of space.
Most of us will be staying at James Robb River State Park, just south of I-70 at the Fruita exit. (note that there are confusingly several parks in the Grand Junction area name James Robb)
Ideally, we can all go food shopping together Tuesday evening in Fruita. I bought a huge propane grill today on which we can make some sweet pancakes, omelettes, and more! I will also have some pots and pans, spatulas, and a propane stove. Since the bus isn't going, I don't have an integrated water supply. We can figure out water when we shop for food.
Bring clothing for a wide variety of temperatures. Regardless of how hot it is on the days you are up in the mesas, gloves and a jacket should always be carried when in the high country.
A lightweight full-suspension bike or hardtail bike will work equally well. I recommend the Latitude 40 maps for the trail and will have both for sale at $10 each - they are normally around $12.