We play volleyball. I mean, c'mon, it says so right there in the name. We're usually in Tempe, or wherever we can find the softest sands and brightest lights. This is going to remain a fairly small group, ideally comprised primarily of recurring cast members.
Here's what you need to know:
• Competitive (B-level* or higher)
• Four vs Four
*B-level players, by our definition, are proficient in the basics of the game. They can consistently dig, pass, set, and hit, with at least a basic understanding of court position.
Sportsmanship is even more important than competition. It's simple; don't be a douche bag. Have fun, be creative, give it your best, and make friends. If you're constantly being a jerk, not trying, or getting in the way of others having fun, you might be asked to leave. There's no reason it should come to that.
We play with the same rule set generally adopted by most clubs in Arizona. Here are a few individual rules worth calling out:
• Players may not open-hand pass on serve receive.
• Players may open-hand pass over the net if square to their body, and clean.
• Players may not tip the ball with an open hand.
• Players may cross the the center line, unless it interferes with opponents' play.
• If anything else comes up, come to an agreement with everyone on the court.
Be a good human and call yourself out if you commit any of these faults.