• We'll be using this normally scheduled meetup time as a discussion for books we can select for upcoming months.
• What to bring: Please bring a list of books you would want to us to read. We'll discuss and schedule some for future meetups!
Books we have on the short list so far:
• The White Tiger (2008) Aravind Adiga
• The Japanese Wife and other short stories by Kunal Basu
• Salman Rushdie, Midnight’s Children (1981)
• Brick Lane: A Novel (2004) by Monica Ali
• River Of Fire (1998) by Qurratulain Hyder
• Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows (2017) by Balli Kaur Jaswal
• Cutting for Stone (2009) by Abraham Verghese
• The Kite Runner by (2003) Khaled Hosseini
• The Reluctant Fundamentalist (2007) by Mohsin Hamid
• Exit West (2017) by Mohsin Hamid
• Cracking India (1988) by Bapsi Sidhwa
• I Am Malala (2013) by Malala Yousafzai
• A House for Mr Biswas (1961) by V. S. Naipaul
Please note, the above is a list of books suggested to us by members. We have not yet fully vetted all of them, but as per our usual guidelines, barring length (300 pages is about the max we are willing to go), we usually schedule all suggestions.
• What we'll do: We'll be discussing our selected book of the month: The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra (Baby Ganesh Agency Investigation #1) by Vaseem Khan
• What to bring: Just yourselves! Feel free to bring the book to refer to you if you need!