- Targeting Asian Indian desi community in Northern Virginia
- The primary intent is to encourage 40+ age group couples to start hiking, though all are welcome.
- Only SERIOUS HIKERS need to join.
- This is a trial offer. From Jan 2020, there may be a $5 annual fee to meet operational expenses.
-Our leader Anil G and his wife Amita are accomplished hikers, based in Centerville. They have hiked to Everest Base Camp in Nepal, Kilimanjaro mountain in Africa, Patagonia in Chile, numerous hiking and camping within USA, and marathon races.
- Mild to Moderate hiking in Northern VA and vicinity national, state or local parks. Expected hiking location, not more than hours from Fairfax
- Targeted to beginners as well as experienced hikers.
- Generally on weekend mornings for few hours, followed by optional wine/beer/snacks at nearby restaurants
- Hiking is around 4-7 miles.
- This is hiking with moderate climbing, and not just walking.
- Mostly hiking is done at Sky Meadows state park on Rt 50 near Middleburg, about 35 miles west of Chantilly. Other options are - Shenandoah national park, Great Falls, Sugar Loaf mountain etc.
We are open to all suggestions and flexibility, so as to be as useful and fun to hikers.
For any questions, please contact: Salesh Gupta 571-435-3192 SalGup20@yahoo.com
9+ Miles, Moderate level hike in DC. Enjoy trail hiking through Grover Archbold and Rock Creek Parks. We will have stop for snacks near Washington Harbor overlooking Rosslyn.
Reminder: this is a B+ rated hike so those who have signed up should be comfortable walking over 9 miles on trail and paved roads. I’ll also post a hike difficulty scale shortly. Recommend that you use it as a guide to assess your ability.