Summary: This is a group for Desi single parents from around the Greater Boston area to help each other move on in a positive direction in life. As individuals and as parents lets use this group as a forum to meet and connect with new people who are in similar circumstances, help one another and share our moments of joy.
Formal Team Charter (Mission):
· Team Purpose: Be a fun social support group for single parents from Indian background and their dependents. We are not a dating site.
· Team Member:
· All members are empowered to create and manage events.
· RSVPs to events is expected.
· Members are expected to be respectful and considerate towards other members and dependents. (Refer to group buddy below).
· Members are expected to be inclusive.
· All interactions should be neutral to religious, political or cultural views.
· Members are expected to attend minimum one DSP events in a year.
· DSP events generally cover a wide range of activities, every member is responsible for themselves and their dependents. For more details, please refer to the DSP generic waiver.
· By RSVP-ing or attending any DSP event, the member and their dependents agree to the DSP generic waiver. Formal signed documents might/might not be collected.
· When a new member is added we typically try not to add the second parent. If accidentally both parents are part of the group one will be removed based on who is most active at the current time.
· DSP Events are defined by events put on the Meetup site. Events not on the Meetup, are non-DSP events. These are social events between friends.
· Team Volunteer Opportunities:
· Event creators always welcome – We love our fun-loving adventurous folks.
· Group buddy - A volunteer to help a new member navigate the group. We are all here to help, but the one person would be the new member’s go to person in case they need help*.
* Please be aware that many members might be navigating multiple life challenges. Apart from being friendly, helpful and inclusive, we can’t offer legal advice. Instead direct them to the correct resources.