Innovation at scale isn’t achieved by the lone genius working in isolation, it takes team effort and a continuous process of small and constant change that’s built into the culture of successful organizations.
High performing teams find new ways to keep winning through user research, experimentation and rapid adoption. They avoid complacency and when they're down, they shift strategies … constantly creating, developing and implementing new plays.
Design Thinking has provided teams with a philosophical framework and an adaptable playbook of processes and tools to help their organizations define new strategies to win through empathy and experimentation.
In this interactive discussion led by Jose Mateo, Senior Internal Consultant for Design Thinking and Strategy Formulation at Verizon we’ll explore:
- What is Design Thinking aka “a human centered approach to innovation”
- How Verizon has integrated multiple frameworks; Strategy, Design Thinking, Agile, Lean Six Sigma to inform and amplify each other
- How and where to leverage Design Thinking tools into your Strategy Formulation Process
- How to connect Strategy and your Customer Journey Improvement road map
- How to connect the seams between systems, processes, and organizations to delight customers
This will be followed by a hands-on mini workshop where we will introduce Design Thinking approaches and business canvasses like The Context Canvas to define a sample One Page Strategic Plan for a fictional organization.
We will be hosted by the great team at SAP Hudson Yards. Guests are required to check in with a photo ID and your full name must be provided when you signup.
Spaces are limited and we want to ensure those who sign up attend - $6 signals your commitment. Refreshments will be provided.
Jose graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
Jose spent over 10 years at Procter and Gamble (P&G). During his time at P&G, Jose had assignments in IT, Marketing, and Shared Services. Jose also spent 3 years at NBC, where he led Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Initiatives within the Audience Research Department. Prior to joining Verizon, Jose was at NBTY Inc - A property of the Carlyle Investment Group, as a strategic leader; partnering with executive teams and applying Design Thinking to identify, prioritize and execute human-centered initiatives.
Jose is currently an Advanced Design Thinking Practitioner in Verizon's Process Excellence and Innovation group. In that capacity, he:
1) coalesces with Business Leaders to explore how Verizon could leverage its assets to create profitable solutions that address the needs of the consumers they serve.
2) plans and executes Design Thinking Innovation Bootcamps, Ideation Sessions, and Workshops to deliver concepts around significant business opportunities, or to address/re-frame pressing issues.
3) leads Strategy Formulation Engagements with key business leaders
Jose is a Hatha Yoga Instructor, an age-grouper triathlete and runner, and loves to dance and travel.