addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DetNode: The Detroit Node.js User Group Message Board › Convincing clients to go with Node.js?

Convincing clients to go with Node.js?

Jeff C.
jeffcogswell
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 2
Hi! I'm coming to my first meeting with your group tomorrow. And here's something I'd like to discuss sometime, maybe in a future meeting or just right here: How to convince a client to use Node.js.

I have a client who I'm building a social networking site for, and they ended up wanting it done in ASP.NET/MVC 3 with SQL Server. That's fine with me, as I'm comfortable in that platform. But I know that my development time would be much faster if I were able to use something like Node.js + Mongo (or Couch). And I know their site would be much more powerful and flexible with Node.js and Mongo. But the client balked at the idea of using "new and untested technology" as they put it. Their investors said absolutely not, and so we ended up using something else.

I'm curious what others have encountered in regards to client acceptance of the technology.

Jeff