Public speaking can be daunting for many of us, but it is also incredibly rewarding. Speaking provides opportunities to develop personally and professionally. It's a way to make connections with people we may not have met otherwise, refine our ideas in order to articulate them clearly, and it also has the power to amplify the voices of those of us who often go unheard.
Global Diversity CFP Day is a worldwide effort to guide new speakers, particularly those underrepresented in tech and as presenters, towards their first conference talks.
The Detroit workshop will feature local veteran speakers as mentors. Please join us as a participant if you:
- are new to conference speaking
- identify as part of a group that is underrepresented in tech
- are nervous about taking the stage
- and/or would simply like to improve as a speaker!
Learn more at globaldiversitycfpday.com!
What to bring:
- You do not need to bring anything. You may bring a laptop if you would like to take notes, but this is not required.
- Grand Circus is wheelchair accessible, but it has a very heavy front door. That said, we will have a greeter downstairs to meet and open the door for attendees. Please message us through Meetup if you might be late and will need any assistance.
- If you need any particular accommodations to participate in this event, please message the organizers through Meetup. We will do our best to get you what you need to have a great GDCFP Day!
Note: the Global Diversity CFP Day Code of Conduct will be enforced at this event. Please read this brief document before registering. Attendees will be provided with event-specific information via email before the event.
Thanks to Grand Circus for hosting and Tech Elevator for providing food!
featured photo by Nkululeko Mabena on Unsplash