ABOUT DEV GATHERING
Dev Gathering is a meetup for experienced developers, enthusiasts, and students to share, learn, network, and inspire "a-ha!" moments with one another.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THIS MEETUP
This meetup is a workshop that will introduce you to Git. Git allows a single Software Developer or a team to manage a project, or a set of files, as they change over time by storing changes in a data structure called a repository. This technology is an absolute must-know for any Software Developer.
You will learn about:
- What Version Control is and why it is important
- What Git is and how it is different than Github and other Git hosting solutions
- Important Git related terminology and commands
- How to do Pull Requests and Git Merges in a team environment
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/DO
1. Install Git on your laptop
2. Bring your laptop
Shadow Smith, Dev Gathering Founder:
- Dev Gathering's vision and mission
Warren Sadler, Data Engineer for HCA Holdings:
- Getting Started with Git