Another Esri GeoDev Meetups is happening on Thursday, September 20th, and we would love to have you join us. The event is completely free, and Esri will be providing food and beverages, so please come!
This event is a social gathering for developers to discuss the latest in mapping, geo technology, geo services, web and mobile mapping apps, app design, cloud solutions, map data or anything else related to solving real-world "geo" problems.
Developers of all levels of expertise are welcome, from seasoned GIS professionals to those new to geospatial development.
At these meet ups, you can:
• Meet a lot of people who are in your community and are doing great things.
• Show everyone your application or framework through a demo in a lightning talk.
• Make a name for yourself in presenting an cool new/interesting concept or idea.
• Impress someone by sharing your experiences.
• If you're sharp with your GIS and developer trivia, you can win some cool Esri swag
• Make lasting connections with other developers!
Here's what's on the agenda:
5:30 - 6:00 PM Registration and Social (Appetizers and Beverages will be served)
6:00 - 6:30 PM Introduction
6:30 - 7:30 Lightning talks
- Beth Donahue of Chicago Transit Authority, "Transform Decision-Making using basic GIS tools: Managing Assets using Linear Reference System at CTA"
- Joe Kezon, "District Snapshot: The who, what, and where of CPD Activity"
- Heena Lee, "Solving Real-world “geo” Problems and Enhancing Geo World with Drone Technology"
- Micah Williamson, "Building Productive Dashboards for Small Municipalities" #keepingitreal
- Keith Searles, "Infrastructure Data Sustainability"
8:00 - 8:30 PM Giveaway, Networking, and Social.
All who are present at the event will receive a voucher for 1000 Service Credits for their ArcGIS Online Developer Subscription.
A drawing will take place (must be present to win, of course) for a free registration pass to attend the Esri DevSummit in Palm Springs, CA, Washington, D.C., or Berlin, Germany.
Follow us on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/esrigeodev) and Instagram (@esrigeodev)!