The Esri GeoDev Meetup is back again, but this time we're trying something new! We have listened to your feedback and we are introducing themed meetups!
Join us on Wednesday, September 26th for a Python-themed meetup. That means the intro, keynote, and lighting talks will all be focused on usages of Python within the context of GIS. Food and beverages will be provided at the meetup.
This event is a social gathering for developers to discuss the latest in mapping, geo technology, geo services, web and mobile mapping apps, app design, cloud solutions, map data or anything else related to solving real-world "geo" problems.
Developers of all levels of expertise are welcome, from seasoned GIS professionals to those new to geospatial development.
Have you built a cool Python app recently that you'd like to show off? Submit a lightning talk! We'd love to see it!
• Meet fellow PDXers.
• Show us what you got by demo'ing your application or framework.
• Make a name for yourself in presenting an cool new/interesting concept or idea.
Impress someone by sharing your experiences.
• If you're sharp with your GIS and developer trivia, you can win some cool Esri swag.
• Make BFFs for life - connect with other developers!
Here's what's on the agenda:
5:30 - 6:30 PM Registration and Social (Appetizers and Beverages served)
6:30 - 6:45 PM Intro and Demo
6:45 - 7:15 PM Keynote Speaker: Atma Mani
"House Hunting: The Data Scientist Way"
7:15 - 7:45 PM Lightning talks
- Christopher Moravec, "Automating Database Creation" and "Integrating Weather APIs with ArcGIS Online Data"
7:45 - 8:30 PM Giveaway, Networking and Social. Two great prizes:
- A voucher for 1000 Service Credits for your ArcGIS Online Developer Subscription
- Giveaway of a DevSummit Registration
Follow us on Twitter: @esrigeodev (http://www.twitter.com/esrigeodev)