The Esri GeoDev Meetup is back again, and this time it is organized around a theme of public GIS! That means the keynote and lightning talks will be focused on uses of GIS development within the context of publicly-available GIS data, whether for consumption or dissemination.
Join us on Wednesday, August 14th for this open-data-themed meetup. Food and beverages will be provided.
This event is a social gathering for developers to discuss the latest in mapping, geo technology, geo services, web and mobile mapping apps, app design, map data or anything else related to solving real problems with open GIS data.
Developers of all levels of expertise are welcome, from seasoned GIS professionals to those new to geospatial development.
Have you done research around or built a cool app recently that you'd like to show off? Submit a lightning talk! We'd love to see it!
• Meet fellow PDX techies.
• Show us what you got by demoing your application or framework.
• Make a name for yourself in presenting a cool new/interesting concept or idea.
• Impress others by sharing your experiences.
• Make BFFs for life by connecting with other developers!
• Win some cool Esri swag! (Mike and Eli always have great trivia questions!)
Here's what's on the agenda:
5:30 - 6:30 PM Registration and Social (Pizza and Beverages served)
6:30 - 7:15 PM Intro, Demo, and Keynote address
- Christopher French of Esri, "Finding Patterns in Public GIS Data"
7:15 - 8:00 PM Lightning talks
Please contact me directly if you are interested in giving one! We would love to hear what you're working on!
- Mara Stoica of Dymaptic, "Using Public GIS Datasets and APIs in Custom Apps"
8:00 - 8:30 PM Giveaway, Networking, and Social
A voucher for 1000 Service Credits will be given to everyone in attendance for their ArcGIS Online Developer Subscription
- There will be one giveaway of a DevSummit Registration for 2020.
Follow us on Twitter: @esrigeodev (http://www.twitter.com/esrigeodev)