Our next DevOps Dojo will be on CI/CD.
Here's what you will learn in this event:
• Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment foundations
• Create and configure a Pipeline Job on Jenkins, linking to a GitHub repository.
• Define a Kubernetes Pod with the necessary containers to test, build and deploy your code
• Configure the pipeline to authenticate with DockerHub so the pipeline can publish Docker images
• Deploy applications to Kubernetes
• Basic Kubernetes CLI commands
What is DevOps Dojo?
DevOps Dojo is an event that allows you to increase your DevOps skills by practising, rather than listening. You will be given a challenge and a set of infrastructure resources, and you will have to work in teams to solve the challenge with the support of the organizers. This is not a Hackathon and there will be no winners or prizes. DevOps Dojo is purely focused on building up skills and networking. By the end of each event, you should be very familiar with the topics covered in the challenge.
Each edition will explore one or more technologies. For example, Cloud infrastructure management and automation, scripting, continuous integration and deployment, Serverless architectures, system administration etc.
6:00pm – 6:30pm Food & Drinks & Networking
6:30pm – 7:00pm Introduction to the challenge and team formation
7:00pm – 9:00pm Hands-on exercise
9:00pm – 9:30pm Feedback and more networking
What should I bring to the Dojo?
Just your laptop (with Docker installed). The rest (food, drinks, Wi-Fi etc) is on us!
See you soon!