FOR REQUESTS EMAIL email@example.com (messages via meetup site might not be seen on time)
The goal of DevOps Lisbon is to bring together the community of people interested in DevOps, Continuous Delivery and related topics, both from technical and cultural perspectives. Everyone's contribution is welcome! This is meant to be a group open to everyone's ideas. We'll try to hold a regular monthly meetup with talks and/or open spaces, workshops or just socializing :)
We will have 2 exciting talks on how to streamline and optimize our CI/CD pipelines, with concrete examples and obstacles that were overcome. Don't miss it!
NOTE: START TIME IS 19H PORTUGAL TIME (GMT+1)
You need to register for this event to see the Zoom link (under "Online event").
The event starts at 19:00 sharp, please try to connect on time!
TALK #1: Shift Left: Building Faster with Containers
Speaker: Ana Cristina Dias
The goal of this session is to present a real-world use case of a Jenkins Pipeline using Containers and all the achievements attained by using this solution but also the hardships that had to be overcome to achieve it.
Ana is a consultant with 10+ years of experience in fields ranging from Configuration Management to DevOps.
TALK #2: How Linedata Streamlined CI/CD and Optimized Cloud Spend
Speaker: Andrey Budzar
In this talk, you'll learn from Andrey's first-hand experiences around:
- Migrating to microservice and Serverless architectures running in the public cloud while integrating with existing software
- Implementing fully automated and dynamic CI/CD pipelines
- Empowering Engineering and Business teams with self-service deployments
- Streaming cloud spend with a dynamic environment and infrastructure provisioning
- Reducing and eliminating cloud waste via automation
Andrey Budzar is currently leading the DevOps and Cloud transformation at Linedata, the services, data and technology solutions provider to global asset managers. Andrey has previously lead DevOps teams and architected distributed microservices in AWS.
Remember our guidelines of engagement in the video call, to make sure things run as smoothly as possible:
1. When you join, you will be muted to avoid noise
2. We ask you to rename yourself to include your name and city/location
3. Turn on your webcam if you don’t mind, so we can recognize each other’s faces and make this more in-person like, we're friendly :)
4. After each presentation, there will be a Q&A round
5. If you have a question, “Raise hand” to let us know OR write it in the chat
5.1. If you “raise hand”, we will call your name and unmute you so you can ask the question
5.2. If you write the question in the chat, we will read it out loud
6. Feel free to use the chat for discussions with other participants
7. We will keep the call open for 10/15m after the talks for further discussion, virtual networking if you like :)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The talks will be recorded and published in the DevOps Lisbon YouTube channel. By signing up for this event you explicitly agree that your image might appear in the video recordings. Nevertheless, you can always get in touch with the organisation ([masked]) to have it removed.