The Speaker: Patryk Pilecki
Hands on container orchestration using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
Containers are everywhere now and while we are running more and more of them, we need to correctly manage them to take full advantage of what they can offer. On this meet up, we will introduce the two most common orchestrating tools (Kubernetes and Docker Swarm).
What exactly have we planned for you?
- You will create an image with a web application from scratch.
- You will set up a Docker Swarm cluster and deploy it there.
- You will scale the application, and explore the basics of the cluster management.
- Finally, you will set up the Kubernetes cluster and you will deploy your application again.
Sounds scary? Don't worry - no previous experience is required and our team will assist you on the way!
A few things to keep in mind:
- Prior experience with CLI tools and VIM will be helpful.
- As this is a hands-on session, please remember to bring your laptop.
- Food and drinks will be provided.
- Doors open for networking/beers 18:30
- Playground starts at 19:00
Regards, DevOps Playground Team