2440 W El Camino Real #101,, Mountain View, CA
Attending this meetup means that you agree to the waiver.
Does your kid play Minecraft? Would they like to express creativity and participate in build battles?
Do they spend endless hours and watch youtube videos? How about teach them a skill to record their own video?
As a parent, do you understand what's the craze about this game? Do you want to get a comprehensive introduction to the game of Minecraft?
Minefest is a festival for all kids and parents who play the game of Minecraft. It is also for all kids and parents who would like to understand what this game is about. It is also about expressing your creativity and winning some swag!
So what will you do in this day long festival?
• Minecraft newbie camp: Targeted at kids and parents who would like to learn how to play the game. This will allow parents to have a more intelligent conversation with their kids.
• Minecraft hour of code (borrowed from code.org): Use blocks of code to take Steve or Alex on an adventure through this Minecraft world.
• Minecraft Modding: Create new mods and learn basic Java programming
• Minecraft Build Battle: Express your creativity and participate in a build battle every 30 minutes. This will be done in a tournament style. There will be cool prizes for the winners decided at the end of the day!
• Minecraft Youtuber workshop: Learn how to record your own videos and become the next Minecraft youtuber.
Come for the day and enjoy the festival of Minecraft! Each workshop will be repeated at least once, and some may be repeated a few times.
Sign up for volunteer here.
Lunch and snacks included.
• Each attendee must have a MacBook or Windows laptop with at least 4GB memory and 5GB of free disk space.
• If you want to participate in Build Battle, you must have a Minecraft account. Make sure you purchase that before coming to the workshop.
• Attendees should have basic knowledge of operating a computer and be able to follow the instructions.
• Minimum age for attendees is 6 years.
No exchanges or refunds.
I love coding and teaching kids to code.
Technology enthusiast who loves to teach computer science to kids.
"You may never be 'good' at something, but you can always get better at it." - Neil deGrasse Tyson
My husband, Brian, will be attending with our 7 year old son
I'm bringing my 6 year old to this fun event.
A mom of 8 year girl, who loves to watch Minecraft vids. Love to see kids excited about coding.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.