It's WordPress Translation Day #4 and we shall hang out together to translate WordPress.
This is a 24-hour global event which will include an online live-streaming event and offline local Meetups in multiple locations.
You can be a part of this global event. We are organizing the official local meetup at Dhaka.
If you want to join and contribute, no previous WordPress translation experience is required. The translation is generally from the English (US) text available.
You have to bring your own laptop so that you can contribute.
At this event we will:
- Help you get started with translating WordPress plugins, themes, and other projects
- Share translation tips and tricks with each other
- Get to know global polyglots contributors via the WordPress international channel on Slack (#polyglots-events)
- Watch and/or share live stream videos of sessions and panels about WordPress translation (for more information, visit https://wptranslationday.org )
You will need a WordPress.org ID to take part. You can register an account from https://login.wordpress.org/register if you don’t have one yet.
Resources for organizers and participants:
- Getting Started Guide: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/about/get-involved/first-steps/
- Bangla Language Glossary: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/bn/default/glossary/
- How to join Slack: https://make.wordpress.org/chat/
- WordPress Translation FAQs: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/frequently-asked-questions/
- Share pictures, videos, and conversations at the event using the #WPTranslationDay hashtag on social networks: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/about/get-involved/guide-organize-a-local-event-on-global-wordpress-translation-day/#share-pictures-and-videos-from-your-event