Join me (Darlene) for a FREE 2-hour introduction to image editing.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Get a basic overview of the HOWs and WHYs of image processing. What software options are available and which are recommended for you as a beginner.
Learn how to approach your images to assess how to process them - what you SHOULD do to it to make them POP. Also, just as important is get an understanding of how far is too far and knowing when to stop.
WE WILL DISCUSS THINGS SUCH AS:
- image aspect ratio
- RAW versus JPG
- how to set up a good workflow from start to finish
- saving images for print and social media
- different file formats (JPG, TIF, PNG, PSD, GIF)
- color space
- monitor calibration
- backing up
- and more...
I will demonstrate these things using the tools which are a regular part of my workflow - Lightroom CC Classic and Luminar by Skylum.
I was recently named as a Skylum Ambassador and as such it is my role to introduce you to Luminar and show you how to use it. It can act as a stand-alone photo editor or a plugin for many popular programs including Lightroom, Photoshop, Elements, and Mac Photos.
WHAT TO BRING:
NOTE: This will not be a hands-on workshop, so you do not need to bring your computer. Just bring something to take notes.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF:
- You're not currently processing or editing your images on a computer.
- You're fairly new to photo editing and have lots of questions.
- You aren't sure where to start with image editing.
- You want tips on how to set up a good digital workflow.
- You are using Lightroom or Photoshop but find them difficult and confusing.
- You want to learn how to take your images from "blah" to "WOW".
- You want to have a better understanding of terminology like Clarity, Curves, Layers, Masking, etc. and how to apply them to your images.
- You're at more of an intermediate level but want a refresher or just to get some new pointers.
- You've tried editing and find it baffling and extremely challenging.
- You're a photography purist and you do not do photo editing and feel it's best to get it right in-camera. (I will challenge you on that!)
THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- You're already processing your images on a regular basis.
- You use Lightroom or Photoshop with some degree of comfort.
- You are not a beginner in this area.
Cost of this workshop - FREE!