Needs a location
🦁 TheOpenDevCon 2018 | Focus #JAMstack
* For participation in the conference you need to be a UET student, contact the information desk in the CS Department for registrations.
. . .
💥 Description: TheOpenDevCon2018
. . .
• [12:30] [Introductions] — Getting to know each other.
• [12:45] [Keynote] — #JAMstack Revolution — by Ahmad Awais
• [01:30] [Takeaway & Discussions] — #JAMstack Q/A — (Ahmad, Maedah, Ashar, Zahid, Adnan)
• [02:00] [Hands-on Project] — #JAMstack blog setup with Gatsby & Netlify — by Ahmad Awais
• [02:30] [API Server Setup] — #JAMstack API Server with DigitalOcean & Linode — by Ashar Irfan
. . .
🗣 About the Speakers
Ahmad Awais (https://twitter.com/MrAhmadAwais)
Maedah Batool (https://twitter.com/MrAhmadAwais)
🎩 #OpenSourceress ⓦ WordPress Core Contributor 👩💻 Creative/Product Manager @TheWPCouple 💬 Maintainer of #GirlsWhoCode 👧 #ReactJSLadies local meetup chapters. Content Strategist. ✍️ Featured/published author at TorqueMag, Tuts+, SitePoint, etc. ⚡ She is also one of the Marketing Representative at official Make #WordPressMarketingTeam.
Ashar Irfan (https://twitter.com/MrAsharIrfan)
😎 Lead Developer @WPWhiteSecurity building WordPress Security Audit Log plugin with by 70,000+ userbase 💻 Computer Scientist 🌍 Web Developer ⚡️ WordPress Core Contributor ✍️ Wannabe writer @WPC 📺 TV Seasons Fanatic.
. . .
• Ahmad Awais (https://twitter.com/MrAhmadAwais) (DOPK Community Lead | TheDevCouple)
• Maedah Batool (https://twitter.com/MaedahBatool) (DOPK Co-Organizer | TheDevCouple)
• Ashar Irfan (https://twitter.com/MrAsharIrfan) (Co-organizer | WPCTeam)
• Saqib Ameen (https://twitter.com/MrSaqibAmeen) (Co-organizer | WPCTeam)
• Zahid Jabbar, Fatima Mubeen, Adnan Muhib, Ramzan, Ahmad Bilal (https://twitter.com/MrSaqibAmeen) (UET Student Organizers)
. . .
## What's Hacktoberfest?
Hacktoberfest — brought to you by DigitalOcean in partnership with GitHub and Twilio — is a month-long celebration of open source software. Maintainers are invited to guide would-be contributors towards issues that will help move the project forward, and contributors get the opportunity to give back to both projects they like, and ones they've just discovered. No contribution is too small—bug fixes and documentation updates are valid ways of participating.
Can't make it to this event? Hacktoberfest is virtual and open to participants from around the globe. Sign up to participate today (https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/).
## Rules and Prizes
First sign up on the Hacktoberfest site. If you open up five pull requests between October 1 and October 31, you'll win a free, limited edition Hacktoberfest T-shirt. (Pull requests do not have to be merged and accepted; as long as they've been opened between the very start of October 1 and the very end of October 31, they count towards a free T-shirt.)
Connect with other Hacktoberfest participants (Hacktobefestants?) by using the hashtag, #hacktoberfest, on your social media platform of choice.
New to DigitalOcean? Receive USD $100 in infrastructure credit at do.co/hacktoberfest2018.
- Create A Github Pull-Request - Contribute to Open Source (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnCfVxSw3ak)
- GitHub Learning Lab — https://lab.github.com/
How To Create a Pull Request on GitHub (https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-create-a-pull-request-on-github)
- Details — https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/details
GitHub Training Kit (https://github.com/github/training-kit): Open source slides, workbook, and cheat sheet courseware for teaching Git and GitHub classes
Git cheat sheets (https://services.github.com/resources/) in multiple languages
Understanding the GitHub Flow (https://guides.github.com/introduction/flow/)
Open source 101 (http://opensource.guide/getting-started/)
Find more resources and useful tips for participants on the Hacktoberfest site (https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/#resources).
A special welcome from Ahmad Awais & Maedah Batool, and team WPCouple for your DigitalOcean Lahore Meetup:
We’d love your feedback on how we can make this meetup more valuable to you! Tell us what talks, demos, foods, drinks, etc. you’d like to see at upcoming meetups — share your ideas in the Suggestion Box. Anyone interested in giving a talk is welcome to submit a talk proposal.
Join the DigitalOcean Community to find all the resources you need to go from development to production, and please read our Events Code of Conduct (http://do.co/newmeetup) before attending.