Welcome to the Oracle Engineering office at Münchenbryggeriet. Here we are working on products like Java, the JVM and related technologies.
At this meetup we will be learning about, and getting our hands on Helidon.
We will get a presentation and demo from the actual Product Development team at this meetup.
Helidon.IO ( https://helidon.io/ ), a special set of Java libraries which help to create microservice-based applications.
Helidon.io offers a rich set of accelerators and a very fast Reactive server so that your microservices can run in Java efficiently while offering special annotations to implement tracing, error handling, metrics, and health monitoring.
It features two flavors: Microframework and Microprofile compliant.
It's a very robust way for you to get started in Microservices over Java.
• Dmitry Kornilov - Helidon project lead
• Tomas Langer - Helidon project architect
17:30 Doors open
18:00 What Helidon is? by Dmitry Kornilov (English)
• Helidon positioning and general architecture.
• Helidon SE and Helidon MP, difference between them.
• Future plans
18:30 Practical Helidon by Tomas Langer (English)
• Demo and live coding. Demonstrating how to build a RESTful service using Helidon SE and Helidon MP.
Q&A After hands-on
Bring your laptop to participate in hands-on.
More information about Helidon:
• Web site: https://helidon.io/#/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/helidon_project
• GitHub: https://github.com/oracle/helidon
Food and drinks will also be available.
Any questions or concerns let us know!
See you at the meetup!